INTERNATIONAL GLOW CONFERENCE 2018
11 - 12 November
Are the light festivals improving on quality?
This years conference will be moderated by Carole Purnelle, CEO of Ocubo Criativo. With more than 40 international Light Festival Directors present in Eindhoven, the following topics will be discussed:
- Over the course of the last 2 decades, which is a very short time in regard of Art History timeline, what are the tendencies?
- What is the evolution or evolutions?
- How do LFD (Light Festival Directors) struggle between budget, fees, audience expectation, crazy demands from Municipalities and STILL deliver Quality?
In the second part of the meeting, the participants are going to be offered a creative insight on “Storytelling in large public artistic events”. Storytelling, that social and cultural activity that consists in Sharing Stories is as old as the world is, and of course applies to that relatively new medium: the Light Festival.
- How does this happen?
- Who is telling the stories?
- To who are the stories told?
- What are those stories about?
Participation in the conference is reserved for light festival directors and curators.
For more information and accreditation, please contact Marianne Kiemeney via firstname.lastname@example.org